Carrots

Carrots

February 12, 2014

Shredded Chicken Fajitas

                                   Shredded Chicken Fajitas 
                         in the Crockpot 


        I woke up on Saturday morning, with the sound of raindrops and foggy cold weather. I instantly wanted to use my crockpot to make something warm and comforting. I walked into my kitchen and thought, hmmm... what am I going to make. First off, I didn't want to go to the store and secondly I wanted it to be easy since I had a ton to do that day. 

       I took a look into my fridge and this is what I came up with, Shredded Chicken Fajitas! Every ingredient I used I already had in my kitchen!

What you need: 


Olive oil
1 large white onion
3 large bell peppers 
( I had green, orange, and yellow)
1/2 green jalapeño, seeded and minced
2-3 medium sized Organic chicken breasts
2 cups of water
1 can of red enchilada sauce ( I had a large can and only used half)
salt and pepper
garlic powder
chili powder
sprinkle of lawry's seasoning
splash of hot sauce

( this is the sauce I has in my pantry) 



What you need to do:

1. Sprinkle some Olive oil in the bottom of your crockpot. 
2. Cut onion, bell peppers, and Jalapeño and put into crockpot.
3. Next put chicken breasts on top of the onions, bell pepper mix. 
4. Add water and enchilada sauce.
5. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder (not too much), Lawry's and hot sauce. I really didn't measure my 
seasoning. Just go with it! 
6. Turn on Low and cook for 8 hours. Once done shred chicken with two forks and serve with tortillas and all of your favorite toppings! 

Enjoy and Happy Eating!







(these cute little dishes were given to me from my parents from Cancun, Mexico!)

No comments:

Post a Comment