Carrots

Carrots

February 8, 2014

Pesto Pasta

                               

                            Pesto Pasta











       Usually I don't find Basil in the grocery store around this time. When I went to Trader Joe's there it was.  I grabbed it and knew exactly what I was going to make for dinner! I love pesto anytime of year even if this pasta is more commonly known as a summer dish. I could probably eat this everyday, I think Brock could too! Thanks to my mom I have this recipe stored in my mind! 


What you need:

1 packet of angel hair spaghetti 
1/4 cup of raw almonds 
1-2 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled  
1 bushel of fresh basil, washed and destemmed 
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

What you need to do:

1. Cook spaghetti as directed on the package.
2. While spaghetti cooks, in a food processor, grind raw almonds until fine. Add garlic and process together. 
3. Add half of the basil into the food processor and parmesan cheese. Process until all mixed. 
4. Add a splash of olive oil to get a smooth consistency going. 
5. Add rest of basil and process until every ingredient is mixed. 
6. Now add salt and pepper to taste. ( the pesto is good all by itself, trust me!) 
7. Add olive oil until desired consistency. 
8. Tip* always taste as you go. If you think the pesto needs more parmesan cheese, garlic or pepper, add it! Whatever you taste buds tell you! 

Serve warm or chilled! Enjoy! 

Happy eating everyone! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment