Carrots

Carrots

May 8, 2014

Warm Apple Cinnamon Muffins


               Warm Apple Cinnamon Muffins




    With Mother’s Day coming up I thought I would find a quick and easy recipe for muffins. Usually my Family does a big brunch and sometimes we all contribute so all the mom’s don’t have to cook!

   This year is a little bit different because now that I have two moms (mother-in-law), we will be celebrating on different days. The day before Mother’s Day we will be with Brock’s mom and then on Sunday we will be with mine. Sometimes with everybody’s crazy schedules you have to split up days, drive long hours and make sacrifices so everyone feels some love.

   I am so grateful to have my mom. She has been through so much with me and never exceeds to amaze me. She is truly my hero.

   And now that I have another mom in my life I am even more blessed. What a great woman who raised a great son to be my husband! I give you props mom-in-law!

   I can’t wait to be a mother of my own someday. I know that when the time comes, it will be well worth the wait. And I will have the best mom’s to be there for advice, love and support.

   Now, no matter how you are a mother; whether it is by giving birth yourself, having a stepchild, by adopting, by surrogacy, by egg donor, by being an aunt, or a grandma, you are all amazing women and deserve this day to sit back and relax and have a dang muffin!

   Now, who doesn’t like muffins at brunch, with a big mimosa on Mother’s day?



What you need:

Batter:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil (I used Olive Oil)
1 egg (I used one mashed banana as a substitute)
1/3 cup whole milk or any milk substitute (I used almond milk)
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced



Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or butter substitute, very cold, cubed



What you need to do:

1.Preheat oven to 400F. Line 12 muffin wells with papers and set aside.

2. For muffin batter, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.

3.Mix in oil, egg and milk and fold in apples. Tip* if mixture is not watery enough just add a tad bit more milk until you get the right consistency.



4.Evenly distribute batter between muffin wells, filling them 2/3 of the way full.

5. For topping, whisk together sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. With a pastry cutter, forks, or your hands, cut in butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.

6.Spoon topping over the muffin batter, distributing it evenly…seriously use it all. It’s sooooo good.  
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

8. Now eat Mama, eat. Happy Mother’s day! 


Happy eating and love to all those Mama’s out there!








Recipe adapted by Quickneasyrecipes



No comments:

Post a Comment